LOCATION 🌆️ tout-le-cameroun Publié Le : June 7, 2021
Chief of Party, Cameroon
PROPOSAL · Maroua, *
Equal Access International (EAI) – a non-governmental organization (NGO) headquartered in Washington, D.C. – partners with communities around the world to co-create sustainable solutions utilizing community engagement and participatory media and technology. With funding from bi-laterals, multi-laterals, foundations, and individual donors, EAI has a 20-year track record implementing social change projects around the world and currently operates through 12 country programs across Asia and East and West Africa.
The Chief of Party (COP) will lead and manage the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Strengthening Civil Society and Community Resilience Program (SCSCRP) in Cameroon and represent the organization in Cameroon.
The COP will be based in Cameroon and move frequently between Maroua and Yaounde. This individual will serve as the lead manager responsible for overall program implementation, direction, and quality control, including technical leadership, strategy development and adaptation, management of human resources and physical assets, financial oversight, and communications. This position has direct reports.
Leadership and Staff Capacity Development
· Provides strategic leadership and oversight of the SCSCRP team.
· Leads technical design and activity implementation in line with yearly project work plans and the project’s M&E plan.
· Provides strategy direction to all aspects of implementation and context analysis, liaising closely and regularly with USAID.
· Manages progress toward meeting project objectives, developing solutions to keep activities on track and motivate staff and partners.
· Anticipates, plans for, identifies, and solves complex problems.
· Provides overall financial oversight.
· Guides the creation of relevant project deliverables, including but not limited to the M&E plan, work plans, strategy documents, compliance and financial policies, success stories, as well as research, evaluation, and other technical documents and reports.
· Oversees all project staff and builds their capacity to take on greater responsibilities. Manages and mentors technical staff, leading them to achieve agreed upon targets and intended results.
· In coordination with other senior project managers, recruits, hires and trains new employees in line with USAID rules and regulations, Equal Access’ internal policies, and local labor laws.
· Represents Equal Access International and the project to donors, partners, other INGOs, beneficiaries, the media and other stakeholders, ensuring enhanced collaboration and multiplying project results.
· Promote transparent decision-making through open communication and regular meetings with HQ, USAID, and joint meetings.
· Ensure sound staff management standards promoting discipline, efficiency, and a harmonious working environment.
· Support quality project planning, implementation, as well as monitoring and evaluation in a manner consistent with EAI’s working principles, ensuring that programming is managed and implemented in a timely and high-quality manner, according to pre-established workplans, and basing program decisions on reliable and accurate data.
· Ensure that all project budgets and finances are closely managed, including conducting sound projections and budget monitoring and closely overseeing project revenues.
· Identify and document best practices and lessons learned that can be successfully replicated and assist program staff to integrate into their work.
· Ensure timely quality reporting to donors, partners and HQ and compliance with cooperative agreement.
· Support the design, implementation, and oversight of programs related to Civil Society Strengthening, Community Resilience, Women, Peace and Security, Social and Behavior Change Communication, Countering Violent Extremism, Peacebuilding, Media for Social Change, Applied Research, Youth Engagement, and Governance.
· Bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, international relations, and/or media production or relevant field.
· Experience in media development, community outreach, implementing grants programs, and large USAID-funded projects required.
· Experience in civil society strengthening, community resilience, peace promotion, CVE, and governance in Francophone West and/or Central Africa strongly preferred.
· A demonstrated track record of progressively responsible managerial experience implementing complex, donor-funded projects with multiple activities (preferably with a budget of $10 million or more), ideally as a Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or Regional Field Program Manager, preferably in post-conflict and/or developing country contexts.
· Experience in coordinating with external donors, suppliers, producers, sponsors, investors, and other partners.
· Excellent spoken and written English and French.
· Able to work and meet deadlines under extreme pressure and in challenging cross-cultural environments.
· Strong creative and analytical skills.
· Superior organizational and management skills: apply results oriented problem-solving approaches; and collaborate effectively as a team member.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, US and foreign government personnel, members of donor organizations, funders, and policymakers.
· Smooth multi-tasking among multiple responsibilities, ability to think innovatively and introduce new concepts.
· Computer skills and a broad knowledge of basic applications such as MS Word and Excel.
· Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative; ability to be a team player.
· Detail-oriented and has excellent time management skills, especially when facing tight deadlines.
· Strong work ethic, impeccable integrity and sense of accountability.
· Able to undertake frequent travel to the project locations or roughly 40% travel within Cameroon, particularly to Yaounde, the Far North and North, as well as internationally as assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EAI is an equal opportunity employer. EAI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all employees and applicants seeking employment.
LIEN POUR POSTULER
| (c) http://minajobs.net